What’s the difference between a traditional accountancy firm and an online accountant? Nope, this isn’t a joke. It’s a genuine question that we get asked a lot here at My Accountant Friend. So we thought we’d chat to some of our customers and find out the difference having on-demand accountancy makes to their business lives.
Why choose an all in one solution?
We set up My Accountant Friend to make life easier. Having spent years working in traditional accountancy, we realised that it was an industry lagging behind.
While the world took to a more mobile, tech-assisted lifestyle like a duck to water, accountancy wallowed in the shallows, stuck to spreadsheets and confusing customers with jargon that you’d need a degree to understand.
In creating My Accountant Friend, we looked to create a one-stop shop for anyone trying to set themselves up in business. We recognised that most freelancers or contractors were people who excelled in particular areas, but weren’t necessarily up-to-date on the latest tax info, or weren’t getting the right business accountancy advice.
We knew we could help them simply by making ourselves available. Your life is your business… your accounts are ours.
We have a page set up to show how this particular online accountant can help, but for starters consider these points.
- If you’re confused about whether or not you should be a ltd company or a sole trader, we can not only advise you but we can set it up and register your company for you, so that you have peace of mind that it’s done correctly.
- You get an amazing dashboard that shows how your accounts are looking, what you can afford to take in dividends, any due tax liabilities, who to invoice and which invoices are outstanding. It couldn’t be simpler.
- We’ll give you an app for your phone (we’re particularly proud of this one!) so that you can photograph your receipts and upload them to the system. You barely have to do a thing. Our tech wizardry works out which numbers go where. Check out the video below for more info.
- Perhaps most importantly, it’s not all automated. You get a dedicated accountant (an actual human being!) who knows exactly how the accountancy land lies, and where you are in the scheme of things. No ticketing systems, no lengthy waits on hold – just a friendly voice at the end of a phone line for those moments when things seem a little bit overwhelming.
- Well keep you up-to-date on the latest tax news, such as the forthcoming entrepreneurs relief changes. Bookmark this page to stay up-to-date.